This guide assumes you have already completed the following steps:
- Connected SkyConnect.
- Have the Zigbee Home Automation (ZHA) integration up and running.
Enable Multiprotocol support
Step 1Enable Multiprotocol support
- Multiprotocol is an experimental feature. It may not work for you.
- When multiprotocol support is enabled, the Home Assistant SkyConnect's IEEE 802.15.4 radio can be used for both Zigbee and Thread (used by Matter) at the same time. The two networks will be running on the same IEEE 802.15.4 channel.
- If the radio is already used by the ZHA Zigbee integration, ZHA will be automatically reconfigured to use the multiprotocol firmware. Your Zigbee network will continue to work.
- Go to Settings > System > Hardware.
- Under Home Assistant SkyConnect, select Configure.
- Select the Enable multiprotocol support checkbox and select Submit.
- Wait for the installation of the Silicon Labs Multiprotocol add-on to complete.
Step 3Installation complete
- Once the installation is complete, select Finish.
Step 4Locate the Silicon Labs Multiprotocol add-on
- Go to Settings > Add-ons.
- You should now see the Silicon Labs Multiprotocol add-on.
Step 5Locate the Open Thread Border Router integration
- Go to Settings > Devices & Services.
- You should now see a the Open Thread Border Router integration.
Step 6Locate the Home Assistant border router
- Thread support is still under development. For information on Thread, refer to the documentation of the Thread integration.
- Select the Thread integration.
- Then, select Configure.
- You should now see your Home Assistant border router.